Having the knowledge of Microsoft Office alternatives is a must for all of us. having more options to work with according to our requirements.
Best Microsoft Office alternatives! most of them offer free as well
Microsoft Office is and has always been the go to Office Suite for the maximum of Office Suite users. But with the passage of time, our way of living has dramatically changed due to which we need to have more options available to fulfill our needs, that too as quickly as possible and with minimum expenditure. This has led to the launch of many different types of Office Suites in the global market, with their own unique features.
Through this post, we aim to bring to you the best Microsoft Office alternatives available either free or at the lowest possible cost.
So, let’s dive right in!
Best Microsoft Office Alternatives
Google Suite – Microsoft Office Alternatives
One of the best Microsoft Office alternatives is the Google Suite and it has a lot to offer.
The Google Suit is a web based online Office Suite that includes applications like Gmail, Docs, Meet, Sheet, Keep, Chat, Slides, App Script, calendar. Forms, Cloud Search, Currents, Drive and Sites. These Apps not only increase productivity but also provide a flexible environment to connect with team members and share information seamlessly.
Not only that, G Suite provides its users with immense security by meeting even the most rigid standards of security and privacy.
Following are the features of G Suite:
- It is a subscription based Suite.
- Free version also avaliable.
- It is web based but can function offline also.
- It can be used easily on all operating systems using most of the browsers.
- Provide best and easiest collaboration in real time on cloud(even better then office).
- Simple and easy to understand user-interface.
- Minimal hardware and space requirement.
Google Suite is a nice option for those looking for ease of collaboration while working on projects, that too in real time. Check paid version of Gsuite here
Libre Office Suite – Microsoft Office Alternatives
Libre Office, the successor of OpenOffice.org, is another cool Microsoft Office alternative. It is an opensource office suite which means that it allows you to even change it source code to meet your requirements.
It supports MacOS, Linux as well as Windows.So, no matter which operating system you are working with, you can always rely on Libre Office for your needs. It provides its users with amazing compatibility as it supports a lot of file formats like .pptx, .docx, .xls, .odf etc.
The Libre Office suite includes applications like Writer-word processor, Calc-spreadsheets , Impress-presentation, Draw-vector graphics and many more that aim to give you a smooth using experience.
Some of its cool features are that :
- It is an Open Source software.
- It is free.
- It uses Add-ons.
- It is compatible with both Microsoft and non-Microsoft file formats.
- Includes ePUB which is an in-built feature for exporting documents as eBooks.
- Includes the feature of a NotebookBar that groups all the toolbars as tabs and unites them for greater productivity.
- It provides users with a variety of user-interface style option.
- It does not have a cloud storage of its own but allows its users to sync files with other cloud storage options available in the market.
Libre Office is absolutely free and provides you with a very wide range of features. It also comes in a portable version, which can be stored in removable storage devices and used as per need and convenience.
This Office Suite is a must have for those looking for versatility!
Polaris Office – Microsoft Office Alternatives
Polaris Office is an Office Suite which provides the amazing facility of cloud storage to its users which is a big boon for those who want to access their work anywhere at anytime. It is compatible with various cloud storage options such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox etc.
The Polaris Office Suite supports various operating systems such as macOS, iOS, Windows and Android. Not only that, it supports various document formats like .pdf, .doc, .docx etc. It allows you to share, store, access and manipulate your documents and work with amazing speed.
Given the fact that Polaris Office has been made with commercial purposes, it comes with paid versions and a free version. The free version contains advertisements but it allows you with the benefit of using it over three devices – one PC and two mobile phones.
Some of its cool features are:
- It is compatible with Microsoft file formats.
- It provides the users with amazing cloud storage.
- It has a user-friendly user interface.
- It allows its users to create their own templates which can be reused.
- It makes syncing of files easy.
- It allows easy sharing of documents.
- It comes in both paid and free versions.
- Paid version are much Cheaper then Microsoft office.
This Office Suite is a great option for ones who want have flexibility while doing their tasks and want to increase the accessibility of their work.
So, that is all, friends!
In summary, it can be said that the Google Suite, Libre Office and Polaris Office are the best Microsoft Office alternatives available in the market which provide its users with a wide range of services.
Use any of them according to your convenience and explore their unique features!
We hope to have helped you. Do let us know if you have any doubts, by leaving a comment.