Windows 11 taskbar location settings
Are you frustrated with the new Microsoft windows 11 taskbar settings. The current build of windows 11 restrict the users from changing it’s location from bottom to any other place.
Here we will show you how to can still change it using registry. This trick however is very old and also work with previous build such as windows 10.
Windows 11 Taskbar Location Change
The position of taskbar can be changes using this step by step guide.
1. Press Windows and R button together to open run command.
2. Now Type regedit and press okay as can be seen above.
3. Now go to following path Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3 as can be seen below
4. Now right click on StuckRects3 and click export, save this setting if in case the thing didn’t went well.
5. Now make right click on setting and click modify
6. Change this value to 01 for top position as shown in picture
7. Now Click okay
8. Restart the Windows Explorer using task manager( To open task manager press CTRL + Shift + Esc together, then find windows explorer in process tab and click restart.
Congratulations you should have successfully changed the position of task bar in windows 11.
Windows 11 Taskbar Location Change for multiple Monitor
The above setting will work fine in case of single monitor but if you have dual or triple monitor set up then you require to do this setting.
- Open run command and open regedit same as we did above.
- Now go to following path Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MMStuckRects3 as can be seen below.
- Modify and change the value as we did above.
Congratulations you should have successfully changed the position of task bar in windows 11 for multimonitor setup .
The website has no affiliation to Microsoft company. All images are copyright of Microsoft. The contents of this Website are based on information generally available to the public from sources believed to be reliable. No representation is made that it is timely, accurate or complete. We have taken due care and caution in compilation of data as this has been obtained from various sources including which it considers reliable and first hand. However, we do not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any information and it is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information and especially states that it has no financial liability whatsoever to the subscribers / users of this report. The information herein, together with all estimates and forecasts, can change without notice.